Simply fill it out your information and mail with your check for $125.00 to:
P. O. Box 1762
Lexington, KY 40588
NOTE: If paying via credit or debit card, dues are $130.00
Please do NOT email credit card information!
Get the Free Acrobat Reader from Adobe for viewing the Membership Directory and other PDF documents.
The Forum is open to individuals in the business, professional and educational communities. Annual dues are $125.00
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be Professional Women’s Forum, hereinafter referred to as “the Forum.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide professional women with:
1) Educational opportunities to further individual, professional and personal growth
2) A support group to assist women in dealing with their special concerns.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Forum shall be open to individuals supporting the advancement of women.
No provision of this article shall operate or change the status of any member who was a member of the Forum prior to the date on which these bylaws or amendments thereof were adopted.
ARTICLE IV: DUES
Dues are based on the membership status as of the regular October meeting. Annual dues shall be $85.00 per year. For members joining after April 1st, the dues shall be prorated.
Dues for each fiscal year ending September 30th shall be payable October 1st, the first day of the fiscal year. Delinquent members will be dropped from the mailing list.
Dues shall cover printing and mailing expenses, administrative, and other special projects.
ARTICLE V: OFFICERS
The officers of the Forum shall be a Chair, Immediate Past Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer.
Only members in good standing for at least the past six months shall be eligible for office.
Each officer shall serve for a term of one administrative year, or until her successor shall have
1) A vacancy in the office of Chair shall be filled by the Chair-Elect.
2) A vacancy in the office of the Chair-Elect shall be filled by appointment by the remaining officers of the Forum.
3) If a vacancy occurs in both the office of the Chair and Chair-Elect, the Secretary shall call a special election for the purpose of electing a Chair to fill the unexpired term.
4) A vacancy in the office of a Secretary or Treasurer shall be filled by appointment by the Chair with the approval of the officers. Such appointed officers shall serve until their successors shall have qualified.
Officers shall serve no more than two consecutive terms in the same office. An officer having two consecutive terms may serve again in the same office after the expiration of two years.
Duties of the officers shall be as follows:
1) The Chair shall be responsible for chairing the regular monthly meetings of the membership and the Executive Committee.
2) The Chair-Elect shall be responsible for the technical program for each monthly membership meeting.
3) The Secretary shall be responsible for the records of the Forum.
4) The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial records of the Forum, including preparation of the budget, periodic financial reports and tax returns.
5) A Business Coordinator may be hired by the Board and assigned supportive tasks by the Chair, including attendance at meetings of the Forum and the Board.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the officers of the Forum, plus the Immediate Past Chair.
ARTICLE VI: GOVERNMENT
The administration of the affairs of the Forum shall be vested in the Executive Committee who shall be responsible for carrying out directives of the membership or as contained in these bylaws.
The fiscal and administrative year of the Forum shall extend from October 1st through September 30th of the following year.
ARTICLE VII: NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
The Nominating Committee shall consist of three members as follows: The Immediate Past Chair and two members appointed by the Executive Committee.
The Chair shall designate one of the committee members as Nominations Chair.
This committee shall prepare a list of nominees for officers, which shall be presented to the membership no later than the July meeting of the Forum.
Annual election of officers shall be held at the regular September meeting of the Chapter.
Other nominations may be made from the floor, provided consent of the member has been obtained.
In the event names are added to the list prepared by the Nominating Committee, voting shall be conducted by ballot.
If there are no nominations from the floor, the Chair shall declare the nominees duly elected.
Newly elected officers shall be installed at the regular October meeting of each year and shall take office at the beginning of the administrative year.
ARTICLE VIII: MEETINGS
The Forum shall hold regular monthly meetings as set by the Executive Committee.
A quorum shall consist of thirty (30) percent of the paid membership of the Forum.
ARTICLE IX: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
All points not specifically covered in the bylaws shall be governed by the rules contained in “Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.”
ARTICLE X: AMENDMENTS
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting, or any special meeting duly called for this purpose, by a two-thirds vote of the members present.
A notice of any proposed amendment shall be sent to each member at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the business meeting.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S FORUM RESERVATION/CANCELLATION POLICY
Our goal is to assure that each member who comes to the monthly meeting has a place to sit and a meal to eat. In order to meet that goal, we must have a reservation/cancellation policy that works. By being consistent and informing everyone of the policy, we hope to make each meeting run as smoothly as possible.
Additionally, the PWF Business Coordinator devotes a tremendous amount of time and effort to make the organization run effectively and efficiently. Adhering to the following guidelines is a necessity to make the job a lot easier.
It is the policy of the meeting facility and the Forum that no one be seated without a lunch. Unfortunately, this policy prohibits people from attending a meeting without being served a lunch.
WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION
1. Reservations close at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the luncheon. No reservations/cancellations for lunch will be accepted after that time.
2. In the event that a member/guest would like to attend a luncheon, but was unable to make a reservation, they are welcome to check in at the registration desk on the day of the meeting to see if they can take the place of a “no show.” (This will require them to wait until 11:45 a.m. to see if any reservations have become available.) Because the meeting facility requires that no one be seated without a lunch, there is a possibility that a member/guest could be turned away after they have waited until 11:45.
3. PWF encourages and welcomes guests at our meetings. To be fair to members, each guest is allowed to attend two regular meetings per year. Guests are encouraged to join PWF at any time during the year.
1. Cancellations will be taken until (10:00 a.m.) the Monday prior to the Wednesday meeting. Leave a message or send an email for the Business Coordinator. After that, you are responsible for your reservation. In other words, if after the Friday deadline you find that you or your guest can’t attend the luncheon and you have not cancelled by Monday at 10:00 a.m. you will be billed for the amount of the luncheon.
2. You may send someone in your place or substitute another person for your guest. Please inform the registrar of any change when you or your guest check in.
3. You will be billed by the Treasurer for any unpaid meal. Please pay promptly in order to eliminate the need for second or third notices. If you have a question about a bill, please call the Treasurer (her name and number appear in the front of the directory).
ON THE DAY OF THE LUNCHEON
We must register and receive money from an average of 120 people in approximately 15 minutes at each luncheon. In order to facilitate registration; please cooperate with the registrar by observing the following:
1. Pay by check only and have it ready before approaching the registration table. If you are paying for a guest, note the guest’s name on the check.
2. Request a receipt only if you really need one.
3. Please move ahead after you have registered to let the next person in line check in.
4. Miscellaneous questions, address changes, membership status, etc. need to be directed to the Business Coordinator. The number is listed in the front of the directory. Please do not try to conduct this type of business at the registration desk.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION